Stardusk Outdoor Theater

Eau Claire

The Stardusk Outdoor Theater was located on county J (Old US 53) between Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls. The Stardusk was owned by the same person who owns the Gemini on the other side of town. The Stardusk opened on April 28, 1949, but was originally called the HiWay 53 Drive-in theater. Then on August 5th of that year, the name was changed to Stardusk.

The screen, projection building, some playground equipment, and some of the fence line is still standing. The projection building is surrounded by pallets. The screen is visible from US 53 if you look behind the FOX RV dealership. The screen looks to be in pretty good shape.

August 25, 2001: The theater is now completely gone. The screen and concession stand have been torn down and removed to make way for storage units.


The screen on 8/10/2000


Grand opening for the HiWay 53 Drive-in theater (Stardusk) was on April 28, 1949


Newspaper ad from June 27, 1968


Back to…